Kubernetes on Equinix Metal
Kubernetes (K8s) is an open-source system for automating deployment, scaling, and management of containerized applications. Combined with GitOps, Continuous Integration (CI), and Continous Delivery (CD), Kubernetes can help teams reduce cycle times, streamline infrastructure, and increase the resilience of their applications.
Instead of building a managed Kubernetes service, Equinix Metal™ focuses on building a first-class K8s experience by investing in core open-source components and plugins - from cluster creation to autoscaling.
Find out more about our thinking here:
- Oops, We Forget to Build a Managed Kubernetes Service
- Why We Can’t Wait for AWS to Announce Bare Metal
Kubernetes is a natural fit for Equinix Metal. With all of the power and control available to you with a bare-metal cloud, Kubernetes is the control plane that enables you to deploy your applications in a uniform cloud-native way, taking advantage of both the power of bare metal and the flexibility and control of cloud-native.
Deploying Kubernetes on Equinix Metal
We have a wealth of open-source projects, videos, webinars, and blogs to help you get started using Kubernetes.
Installation & Getting Started
- Kubernetes on bare metal in 10 Minutes (community resource)
- Simple K8s Cluster on Equinix Metal
- K3s on Equinix Metal
- The official Cluster API for Equinix Metal
- Equinix Metal™ Quickstart Terraform scripts
- Multi-Architecture Kubernetes on Equinix Metal
- Guide to Kubernetes storage
- Object storage using MinIO
- Object storage using distributed MinIO with Terraform
- Block storage using Rook with Ceph